Chicken caesar salad recipe
This chicken Caesar salad is one of our most popular recipes! This salad is easy to make with precooked rotisserie chicken. However, any leftover chicken can be used.
- 1 (2-pound) whole roasted chicken, skinned
- 11 cups torn romaine lettuce (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Two teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Two teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- One garlic clove, crushed
- 1 ½ cups plain croutons
- ½ cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Step 1
- For salad preparation, remove the chicken bones from the bone and shave with two forks. In a large bowl, combine chicken, bell pepper, and lettuce.
- Step 2
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking together oil, following seven ingredients, oil through garlic, in a bowl. Toss the dressing over the salad and toss. Toss in cheese and croutons.
Serving Size: 306 Calories; calories from fat 47%; mono fat 8.2g, poly fat 2.2g. Protein 29.4g. Carbohydrates 10.3g. Fiber 2.4g. Cholesterol 78mg. Iron 2.8mg. Calcium 171mg.